Starting Safety Eric Berry had to be carted off the field in the fourth quarter with an injury that could potentially derail his season.
After Kansas City's 42-27 win, Chiefs coach Andy Reid said that Berry may have torn his Achilles tendon.
Berry was covering Rob Gronkowski on the play, and appeared to suffer the injury after very little contact with Gronk.
If Berry is done for the year, Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston knows he'll create a void that will be pretty much impossible to fill.
John Breech has been at CBS Sports since July 2011 and currently spends most of his time writing about the NFL.
- Chiefs safety Eric Berry suffers 'potential tear' in Achilles tendonYahoo Sports
- Former Vol Berry carted off field in Chiefs' opening win over PatriotsKnoxville News Sentinel
- Chiefs fear safety Eric Berry has torn Achilles tendonESPN
- Eric Berry carted off with Achilles injury in Chiefs vs. PatriotsSB Nation
- Eric Berry leaves game with Achilles injury, but no definitive diagnosis yetThe San Diego Union-Tribune
- Chiefs Safety Eric Berry Carted Off With Achilles InjurySports Illustrated
- Eric Berry's Achilles Injury Is a Dark Cloud Over the Chiefs' WinThe Ringer (blog)
- Reid: Eric Berry possibly tore Achilles, will have MRINFL.com
- Chiefs' Eric Berry: Will not return after suffering Achilles injuryCBSSports.com