During an emergency like Hurricane Irma, can you use the Zello app for communication, even without cell service?
Following Hurricane Harvey and now Irma, we want you to have the facts about the best communication devices out there for disasters.
The Austin-based push-to-talk app Zello proved to be reliable in Houston flood rescue efforts.
They gained a whopping 600,000 followers in just one day and became the most downloaded app in iTunes over the last week.
The Cajun Navy volunteers from Louisiana even set up a channel so they could coordinate during Hurricane Harvey.
- App Store gets new frontrunners amid Hurricane Irma, HarveyMashable
- Hurricane Irma just made a digital walkie-talkie the No. 1 app onlineFlorida Times-Union
- Zello Tops App Store Charts As Hurricane Irma Looms: What Can The Walkie ...Gears Of Biz
- Here's how to use Zello, the walkie-talkie app people are downloading ahead of ...Business Insider
- 'Zello' App: Could It Help You Communicate in a Natural Disaster?WLTX.com
- Hurricane Irma prompts Zello app interest amid storm prepOrlando Sentinel
- Hurricane Irma Has Sent People Running to Download This Vital Communication AppTheStreet.com
- Apps help people stay connected during disastersKREM.com
- How Far Does Zello Work? Walkie Talkie App Uses Data, Wi-FiInternational Business Times