Support for the service will be cut off on December 11th, and then it will Shut down completely on March 12th, 2018.
If you’re like me and use Google Drive pretty much every day, then that means you need to come up with a backup plan, preferably before December, but definitely before that mid-March shutdown time.
Read more When installed on a Mac or PC, Backup and Sync will be available on your computer as a folder rather than a hard drive.
if you’re someone that just likes to save occasional files to Google Drive, then this is probably the best option for you.
The service saves space on your computer’s hard drive, by hosting all your files in the cloud.
- Google Drive File Stream release signals death of Drive appSlashGear
- Google has a new Drive app for your Mac and Windows PCsBGR
- Google Drive is Dying, KindaGeek
- Google Drive Desktop App to Shut Down in March 2018 in Favour of Backup and ...NDTV
- Pack up, go home to your family: Google Drive is flipping outThe Register
- Google Drive app for desktop to shut down in March 2018The Express Tribune
- Google is killing off Drive sync client in March: Here's what replaces itZDNet
- Google Drive on PC, Mac to be shut down by MarchInquirer.net
- Google is replacing its G Suite desktop app with Drive File StreamBGR India