Seven months after completing the largest comeback in Super Bowl history, the Patriots will raise the franchise's fifth championship banner prior to Thursday night's season opener against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Trying to spoil this latest party will be a Kansas City team that has been chasing its own post-championship commemoration since the franchise won its lone Super Bowl in 1970.
The previous time Brady opened a season at home against the Chiefs in 2008, it ended with him limping off the field with a season-ending knee injury .
And on defense they're without a dedicated edge rusher with Chris Long leaving in free agency and Rob Ninkovich retiring.
While rehabbing from back surgery this offseason, he also adopted the strict diet regimen that Brady says has helped keep him healthy since the 2008 injury.
- Can the Chiefs spoil the Patriots' march to 19-0 before it begins? Yes, actually.Washington Post
- What time, TV channel is Patriots vs. Chiefs NFL 2017 game? Live stream, score ...AL.com
- Sports Columnist Previews Patriots' Upcoming SeasonNew Hampshire Public Radio
- Patriots kickoff repeat bid against Chiefs in NFL openerTSN
- NFL, NFLPA review of film, records shows no Brady concussionBangor Daily News
- Tom Brady is New England Patriots' hardest worker, says owner Robert KraftSkySports
- DMan's NFL 2017 picks ATS, Week 1: New England Patriots, Cleveland Browns ...cleveland.com
- Lazar: Here's another record for Patriots to capture this seasonBoston Herald
- Expectations running high as Patriots zero in on Super Bowl SixLowell Sun