Wells Fargo analyst Marci Ryvicker applauded the move, upgrading DIS to Outperform earlier this week.
She believes the new direct-to-consumer networks could provide meaningful upside to the stock, and at just 15X forward earnings, Disney is trading at a relative discount to the wider market.
Ritholtz Wealth Management CEO Josh Brown believes the streaming platform is a step in the direction, but he argues that it shouldn’t really be seen as an innovative move — but rather one of necessity.
So before we go patting Disney on the back too much, let’s remember that the company, which is well known for its history of innovations in the entertainment space, really is just playing catch-up at this point.
- Walt Disney (NYSE: DIS) Long Term Technical Analysis September 2017FX Daily Report
- Walt Disney Company (The) (NYSE:DIS) Experiences Lighter than Usual Trading VolumeNewburgh Gazette
- Autodesk (ADSK) Shareholder Bluecrest Capital Management LTD Has Decreased ...BZ Weekly
- Traders Secrets on The Walt Disney Company (DIS), Fastenal Company (FAST)StockNewsJournal
- Affinity Investment Advisors Has Decreased Its Walt Disney Co (DIS) Stake as ...BZ Weekly
- Arrowgrass Capital Partners LP Decreased Disney Walt Co (Put) (DIS) Position ...Thorold News
- Walt Disney Co (DIS) Reaches $98.48 After 4.00% Down Move; Pura Vida ...MoneyMakingArticles
- Capital Wealth Planning Has Lowered Its Stake in The Travelers Companies (TRV ...FlintDaily.com
- Walt Disney Company (The) (NYSE:DIS) Holdings Lifted by Schmidt PJ Investment ...TrueBlueTribune