As monster hurricane Irma barrels toward the Bahamas and expected landfall in Florida on Sunday, it’s shaping up to be among the most devastating and expensive storms in American history.
After last year’s failed coup, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his allies set to work creating a sovereign wealth fund to safeguard what is now about $200 billion of assets, including cash, property and shares.
But the main thing the fund has done so far is trigger a power struggle between two rival camps, one based around Erdogan and the other around an increasingly assertive prime minister, Binali Yildirim.
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson was awarded one of Russia’s highest honors for foreigners in 2013 during his tenure as CEO of Exxon Mobil, and his appointment after Donald Trump’s election provoked delight in Moscow.
His call has found echoes across the Muslim world, stoking a wider debate about modernizing Islam and the role of women.
- Draghi Says Euro a Concern as ECB Targets October Decision on QEBloomberg
- Nothing can stop the euro's rise, much to Mario Draghi's disappointmentQuartz
- Euro burns past $1.20 as ECB signals stimulus slowdownYahoo Finance
- ECB could announce stimulus scale-back as soon as next monthSan Francisco Chronicle
- Euro, stocks hold gains as ECB holds steadyReuters
- Draghi Trips Over Euro on Way to QE ExitBloomberg
- ECB's Draghi Rejects Estonia's Virtual Currency IdeaU.S. News & World Report
- ECB leaves stimulus settings unchanged, markets await DraghiSFGate
- Euro pushes past ECB concerns to top $1.20Reuters