The Chiefs got ready for their season opener by releasing a pair of players a few hours ahead of kickoff.
The team announced on Thursday afternoon that they have released running back C.J.
Kareem Hunt and Charcandrick West are the running backs left on the Chiefs roster.
Devey was set for a backup role in his return to Foxborough, where he spent parts of the 2013 and all the 2014 season as a member of the Patriots.
With Parker Ehinger listed as doubtful with a knee injury, Zach Fulton and Cameron Erving are set to be the reserves on the offensive line Thursday night.
- Kansas City Chiefs cut CJ Spiller, Jordan DeveyUPI.com
- Here's why the Chiefs released CJ Spiller again before kickoff against PatriotsKansas City Star
- Chiefs release veteran former Pro Bowler CJ Spiller on day of season openerSportsnaut
- Kansas City Chiefs just cut CJ Spiller ... againArrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs release CJ Spiller and Jordan DeveyFanRag Sports (blog)
- Chiefs release RB Spiller hours before openerNews-Press Now
- Can anyone explain the Chiefs re-release of CJ Spiller again?Arrowhead Addict
- Chiefs release CJ Spiller for second time in a weekNFL.com
- Chiefs release Spiller, Devey in bookkeeping maneuverFredericksburg.com