The Patriots identified a need at wide receiver with Julian Edelman out for the season, and they merely had to give up third string quarterback Jacoby Brissett to get him.
With some of the other moves the Patriots have made this offseason, it stands to reason that the dynamic of the offense in New England is about to change pretty significantly.
What that means is, the Patriots are going to get Amendola one-on-one opportunities from the slot by using their players with speed and big play abilities, a primary reason they acquired Dorsett.
That means the Patriots have more than tripled the number of 50-plus yard plays at the receiver position by adding just two players.
Dorsett was just recently picked up in a trade, and learning the Josh McDaniels offense is not an overnight process.
- Mike Lombardi explains why the Patriots traded Jacoby Brissett for Phillip DorsettPats Pulpit
- PATRIOTS PREVIEW: Breaking down the Pats' 53-man rosterFall River Herald News
- Previous roster cutdown acquisitions show how the Patriots can integrate WR ...Pats Pulpit
- Time to add Phillip Dorsett to your fantasy football team?Patriots Wire
- Whirlwind Weekend Lands Jacoby Brissett With ColtsColts.com
- Tom Brady confident Jimmy Garoppolo will be really good NFL starterPatriots Wire
- Patriots notebook: Surprise may be in store at punt returnerBoston Herald
- ICYMI: Jacoby Brissett Thanks Patriots Following Trade To ColtsPatsFans.com (blog)
- Phillip Dorsett not overwhelmed with Patriots' offenseNFL.com