Delta Airlines will start offering the Indianapolis International Airport's first direct transatlantic flights to Paris this spring, Gov.
Lawmakers gave Holcomb $15 million each year to put towards his economic development plans, which included offering incentives for direct flights.
Indiana Chamber of Commerce President Kevin Brinegar said the new flight "represents a big step forward in connectivity with Europe and will make traveling to subsidiaries, parent companies and clients more convenient and efficient."
Indianapolis airport officials are pursuing a nonstop flight to London to meet the growing demands of international travelers.
"This new, year-round flight to Paris, the gateway to Europe, is a major boost to our state’s overall competitive advantage," he said, "and further supports the European-owned companies that we want to continue to attract and that currently employ over 60,000 Hoosiers statewide.”
- Delta to offer direct flights from Indianapolis to ParisWISH-TV
- Delta to offer nonstop flight from Indianapolis to Paris starting in 2018WRTV Indianapolis
- Indy to Paris Nonstop Becomes a RealityInside INdiana Business
- Indianapolis lands first nonstop transatlantic flightsIndianapolis Business Journal
- Indianapolis airport lands first-ever route to EuropeUSA TODAY
- Fast facts: What you need to know about Indy's new direct flight to ParisIndianapolis Star
- Verbatim: Indiana Lands First Year-Round Nonstop Flight to EuropeFort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Delta to Offer Direct Flights Between Indianapolis and ParisU.S. News & World Report
- Delta to Launch Nonstop Year-Round Service from Indianapolis to Paris ...AviationPros.com