Ben Revere’s RBI single off Blake Treinen was the difference, and Oakland’s Losing Streak extended to eight games, its longest since 2012.
Joyce, Khris Davis and Matt Olson homered in the fifth inning, giving the A’s a temporary lead.
Then again, manufacturing runs isn’t always the norm for the A’s, who blew a perfect opportunity for a big rally in the sixth when the first two batters walked and Semien hit an RBI double.
They were 3-for-13 with runners in scoring position and didn’t show much pitching improvement after fashioning a 7.88 ERA over seven games.
Joyce, playing left field for Davis (who was the designated hitter) threw a one-hopper to Maxwell, who again tagged Trout.
- Garrett Richards returns with encouraging start for Angels in 10-inning victoryOCRegister
- A's fall in extras again, lose 8th in a rowSan Francisco Examiner
- A's losing streak reaches season-high eight gamesThe Mercury News
- Game #138: A's Drop 8th Straight in Rollercoaster LossAthletics Nation
- Red Sox used Apple Watch to steal signs from YankeesComcast SportsNet Bay Area
- Angels beat Athletics 8-7 in Garrett Richards' returnLos Angeles Times
- Angels top A's in 10, take over 2nd WCCIproud.com
- Angels edge A's in 10 as Matt Olson stays hotSFBay
- Angels beat A's 8-7 in 10th, take over 2nd AL wild-card spotUSA TODAY