The FBI arrested a New York sports radio talk show host at his Manhattan home Wednesday for alleged involvement in running a fake ticket scheme.
Craig Carton, 48, the co-host of “Boomer and Carton” which airs on the CBS-owned WFAN radio station, was arrested for allegedly “defrauding customers in a fake tickets scam that netted $2 million,” according to PIX 11 who cited the FBI.
The pair made their money by ripping off investors, according to NBC New York .
Carton's popular radio program, which he co-hosts with former NFL quarterback Boomer Esiason, has been on air since Sept. 2007.
ABC 7 reported that Carton and the other man were scheduled to appear in court Wednesday.
- WFAN's Craig Carton arrested in concert ticket Ponzi schemeNew York Post
- Ex-WIP host Craig Carton arrested in New York for investment fraudPhilly.com
- 'Boomer and Carton' co-host Craig Carton arrestedFox5NY
- Report: Radio Host Craig Carton Arrested In Alleged $2M Fake Ticket ScamDeadspin
- WFAN host Craig Carton arrested, faces fraud chargesNJ.com
- New York sports talk radio star arrested on investment fraud-related chargesCNBC
- Popular New York sports radio personality Craig Carton arrested by FBIGolfDigest.com
- Radio host Craig Carton arrested in $2 million fake-ticket schemeTribune-Review
- Sports Radio's Craig Carton Is Arrested on White-Collar ChargeBloomberg