The Houston Rockets have been sold to local billionaire Tilman Fertitta, who called the purchase of his hometown team "a life-long dream come true."
A league source told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, however, that Fertitta agreed to purchase the team from Leslie Alexander for $2.2 billion, a record sale price for an NBA franchise.
Fertitta owns Landry's Inc., one of the nation's biggest restaurant corporations, and Golden Nugget Casinos and Hotels.
The Rockets said in a statement that Fertitta has no other partners in connection with the transaction, which also includes operation of the Toyota Center in Houston.
Feritta told KRIV-Fox 26 earlier this year that he was interested in buying the Rockets after Alexander announced that the franchise was for sale.
- Houston Rockets sold to Tilman Fertitta, reportedly for $2.2 billionNBA.com (blog)
- Houston Rockets owner Les Alexander to sell team for record $2.2 billion to ...USA TODAY
- Tilman Fertitta to buy Rockets for record $2.2 billionChron.com
- Houston Billionaire Tilman Fertitta Purchases Rockets for $2.2 BillionTheStreet.com
- Houston Rockets Sold To Landry's Tilman Fertitta for Record $2.2 Billion-ReportsTheStreet.com
- Tilman Fertitta agrees to buy Rockets for reported record $2.2 billionKTRK-TV
- Reports: Rockets Sold to Houston Billionaire Tilman Fertitta for Record $2.2 ...Sports Illustrated
- Tilman Fertitta to Buy Rockets for Reported NBA-Record $2.2 BillionBleacher Report
- Report: Rockets sold for NBA record $2.2 billionWFMZ Allentown