However, in a new cover story for Vanity Fair , the American TV actress is not revealing much more — as in whether she and Harry are contemplating marriage or whether she has met Queen Elizabeth II and received her approval for getting serious with her grandson.
Vanity Fair writer Sam Kushner, interviewing Meghan at her home in Toronto, where she films the TV show “Suits,” notes that the actress isn’t the usual kind of person to marry into the British royal family.
She would be the first American to marry into the royal family since Wallis Simpson famously wed King Edward VIII, forcing his abdication from the throne, almost 81 years ago.
Last fall, when Meghan’s relationship with Harry first became widely known, a tabloid alluded to both her race and her roots in Southern California to say say that the Prince would be marrying “into gangster royalty —his new love is from a crime ridden Los Angeles neighborhood.”
Harry’s older brother, Prince William, second-in-line to the throne, was allowed to marry Kate Middleton, even though she’s the daughter of “a very middle-class family,” Bedell told Vanity Fair.
- Meghan Markle on Prince Harry: 'This is our time'CNN International
- Meghan Markle breaks silence on Prince Harry romance: 'We're two people who ...AOL
- Meghan Markle publicly confirms she and Prince Harry are 'in love'CBC.ca
- People: Meghan Markle 'really happy and in love' with Prince HarryThe Providence Journal
- Meghan Markle on relationship with Prince Harry: 'We're in love'Fox News
- 'Happy and in love': Meghan Markle opens up about Prince Harry in Vanity Fair ...Stuff.co.nz
- Meghan Markle on Prince Harry: 'We're in love'gulfnews.com
- Wild About Prince Harry: Meghan Markle tells Vanity Fair 'We're in Love'Parade
- Meghan Markle Bares Her Feelings For Prince Harry In Vanity FairHuffPost