Responding to President Vladimir Putin's recent comments on Artificial Intelligence, Space X and Tesla CEO Elon Musk said on Monday that World War III would likely be triggered by competition for AI.
The business magnate’s prediction came in response to Putin’s comments at a meeting with schoolchildren in Yaroslavl on Sept. 1, in which the president said that artificial intelligence is the future of all of mankind.
“[World War III] May be initiated not by the country leaders, but one of the AI’s, if it decides that a preemptive strike is most probable path to victory,” Musk added in a subsequent post.
"There are colossal opportunities, but also dangers that are difficult to predict today,“Putin said of AI.
Putin said it was important to prevent monopolies in the field, adding that if Russia became the global leader in artificial intelligence, “it will share its technology with the rest of the world, like we are doing now with atomic and nuclear technology.”
- Artificial Intelligence will likely spark World War 3: Elon MuskDeccan Chronicle
- Elon Musk said national competition for AI could lead to World War III — take ...Yahoo News UK
- Elon Musk says artificial intelligence arms race most likely to cause World ...ABC Online
- Putin believes that whatever country has the best AI will be 'the ruler of the ...Yahoo News UK
- Elon Musk Worries That China, Russia & Others Trying To Control AI Will Cause ...Indiatimes.com
- Elon Musk predicts Artificial Intelligence race may spark World War 3Digit
- Vladimir Putin: World Leader in AI "Will Become the Ruler of the World"IGN Africa
- Artificial intelligence more likely cause of World War III than North Korea ...Newshub
- Elon Musk predicts World War IIICNNMoney