A copy of the New York Daily News, featuring Speaker of the US House of Representatives John Boehner.Emmanuel Dunand—AFP/Getty Images
Newspaper company Tronc Inc , which owns the Chicago Tribune and the Los Angeles Times, said it acquired the New York Daily News from media and property mogul Mort Zuckerman.
Tronc said late on Monday it would also buy a 49.9% interest in a joint venture with Zuckerman-related entities that will own the 25-acre parcel of land on which New York Daily News' printing facility in New Jersey is located.
Zuckerman, who first put the New York Daily News on the auction block in February 2015, sought $200 million for the paper at the time.
Browne, who previously indicated his intention to retire from the paper, has agreed to stay until the end of 2017 and will report to Tronc President Timothy Knight.
- The New York Daily News is one of the biggest newspapers in the country and ...Recode
- Tronc acquiring the New York Daily NewsCNNMoney
- Tronc acquires New York Daily NewsChicago Tribune
- Publisher Tronc acquires Daily News, storied NY tabloidSFGate
- Statement by former co-publisher of the Daily News, Eric Gertler, to staff ...New York Daily News
- Daily News Sold! New York's Hometown Paper Once Again Owned By Chicago CompanyPatch.com
- Tronc Buys New York Daily News, Adding to Nationwide Paper ChainBloomberg
- Storied NY Tabloid Daily News Sold to Tribune Spin Off TroncNBC Bay Area
- What's Behind Tronc's Startling Purchase Of The New York Daily NewsTheStreet.com