However, the third-year coach told reporters at his weekly press conference that muting his players sends a message to his locker room that this isn't just another game.
This year's Keystone Classic will be just the second one since 2000, and with only two more matchups left in the current series, some doubt there actually is a rivalry between the two Pennsylvania schools.
There's one play Narduzzi is certainly preparing for when his team faces Penn State this week — Saquon Barkley wheel routes.
It seems Narduzzi is keen on taking that play away from the Heisman trophy candidate running back as he mentioned "wheel route" 11 different times in reference to Barkley.
- Penn State-Pitt Game NotesGoPSUsports.com
- Eric J. Barron and Patrick Gallagher: With Penn State and Pitt, the state of ...Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi puts Panthers players on mute as Penn State loomsTimesonline.com
- PSU deserves big spread vs. PittWilliamsport Sun-Gazette
- Panthers comfortable in underdog role vs. Nittany LionsReading Eagle
- Penn State primer for Pittsburgh: The Lions' are heavy favorites, a crowded WR ...PennLive.com
- Pitt's Narduzzi: Game vs. No. 6 Penn State 'not just another week'Philly.com
- Narduzzi wants players to tune out noise, focus on preparation for Penn StateTribune-Review
- Pitt notebook: Narduzzi, staff shoulder blame for YSU's wheel-route successTribune-Review