Android One is a software and hardware standard through which Google controls the development and design of the devices while leaving the building to partner manufacturers in each country.
The program is essentially designed to bring affordable but good quality mobile phones to more people.
It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor, 3080mAh battery, a 5.5-inch curved glass display, 4GB of RAM, and 64GB internal storage.
Priced at INR 14,999 ($234), the Mi A1 will be initially available in India, but Xiaomi has revealed that it will land in more than 40 markets globally, including Indonesia, Vietnam, Russia, Poland, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Ukraine, and Mexico.
“[The] Mi A1 is a strategic device in our global expansion, marking a milestone on our quest to bring innovation to everyone,” noted Xiaomi senior vice president Wang Xiang.
- Google taps Xiaomi for its most powerful Android One phoneEngadget
- Xiaomi Partners With Google For Mi A1 Smartphone, Targeting Developing MarketsForbes
- Xiaomi's first phone running stock Android looks impressive and costs less ...TechCrunch
- Xiaomi Joins the Android One Program in India with the new Xiaomi Mi A1XDA Developers (blog)
- Xiaomi joins Google's Android One with the Mi A1CNET
- Xiaomi Mi A1 quick review: Android One returns, offers premium experience at ...India Today
- Mi A1 vs Moto G5S Plus vs Nokia 6 vs Lenovo K8 Note: Price, Specifications ...NDTV
- Google Teams With China's Xiaomi to Win a Billion New Users in IndiaBloomberg
- Goodbye MIUI, Xiaomi's Mi A1 is an Android One phone with Google PlayDigital Trends