Tesla Motors, screenshot by Antuan Goodwin/Roadshow While many nervous eyes around the world are watching rogue nation North Korea and its latest nuclear test , billionaire worry-wart Elon Musk warns that an international artificial intelligence race is more likely to cause World War III than a 20th century-style arms race.
Competition for AI superiority at national level most likely cause of WW3 imo," the Tesla Motors and SpaceX CEO tweeted early Monday.
The doomy, gloomy prognosticating apparently came in response to reports out of Russia that President Vladimir Putin is also looped in on AI's geopolitical potential.
Let's just hope North Korea doesn't start sharing videos of its new deep learning system that plays a mean game of chess.
Trump's pick for head of NASA raises brows Big Bang: The science of sex in space Meet the forensics queen debunking 'NCIS,' 'Silent Witness' China to take on Hyperloop with supersonic 'flying train'
- Elon Musk predicts World War IIICNNMoney
- Elon Musk: Race for AI could start World War IIIZDNet
- Elon Musk thinks AI will lead to World War III — take that with a pinch of saltBusiness Insider
- Elon Musk: AI will be 'most likely' cause of World War IIIAOL
- Elon Musk warns that vying for AI superiority could lead to WW3TechCrunch
- Elon Musk says AI poses bigger threat than North Korea and could trigger World ...The Independent
- Elon Musk has grim prediction that AI (not North Korea) will be cause of WWIIIBoing Boing
- Elon Musk tweets out terrifying warning, says AI could lead to World War IIIThe Daily Dot
- Elon Musk says AI 'most likely cause' of World War IIITNW