The AP reported on July 14, 2017, that a story circulating online that claims the rapper announced that he was dying of skin cancer is a hoax.
The 34-year-old singer was rushed to Northwestern Memorial hospital in Chicago after being discovered in his room at the Westin Hotel on Sunday afternoon.
A representative for the star later confirmed to TMZ that Wayne's Vegas gig was canceled and the singer is "currently resting."
The "Lollipop" singer went public with his epilepsy diagnosis in 2013, after suffering a near-fatal seizure which reportedly prompted doctors to place him in a medically-induced coma at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
Speaking to MTV News at the time of his health revelation, he claimed his seizures come with "no warning, no nothing," adding, "I don't feel sick."
- Lil Wayne Suffered Multiple Seizures, Canceled Vegas ShowRefinery29
- Lil Wayne Is 'Doing Fine' After Seizure Reports, Daughter Says: 'Don't Believe ...PEOPLE.com
- Rapper Lil Wayne rushed to Northwestern from Chicago hotelChicago Tribune
- Lil Wayne 'doing fine' after hospital visit, daughter saysNewsday
- Lil Wayne's daughter says he's 'doing fine' after reports of seizuresPage Six
- Lil Wayne's Daughter Tweets Rapper Is 'Doing Fine' Following His Reported ...Entertainment Tonight
- 'My dad is doing fine': Lil Wayne's daughter Reginae Carter updates fans on ...Daily Mail
- Lil Wayne's Teenage Daughter Releases Statement on Rapper's HealthPopCulture.com
- Sizzurp: 5 Things About The Drink That Lil Wayne Has Admitted To Using Which ...Hollywood Life