Labor Day falls on September 4, 2017 this year and many places are closed.
Some offices are shut down, along with schools; most banks are closed and mail is on hold as well.
For example, NYC.gov reports that their Holiday schedule includes Labor Day and recommends that people put out their garbage after 4 p.m. on the evening of the holiday, for collection beginning the next day.
As for regular Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday pick up, those days will not be affected by the holiday.
On the other hand, some areas may choose to not observe the holiday, so it’s important to check with your local trash collection.
- Labor Day 2017: What's Open, Closed In North FultonPatch.com
- Labor Day Weekend 2017: What's Open, Closed?International Business Times
- Labor Day closings and garbage pickup scheduleThe Ledger
- Labor Day delays trash pickups, closes offices in Memphis areaThe Commercial Appeal
- What's Open, Closed In West Chester On Labor Day?Patch.com
- What's Open, Closed On Labor Day In Hingham?Patch.com
- Labor Day holiday changes city trash collection, bus hoursColumbia Daily Tribune
- What's closed, what's open for Labor Day holidayCapitalGazette.com
- Closings announced for Labor Day holidayDaily Mountain Eagle