Venus Williams, of the United States, serves to Maria Sakkari, of Greece, during the third round of the U.S. Open tennis tournament, Friday, Sept. 1, 2017, in New York.
Because of rains that started late Saturday and continued into Sunday morning, play on all outer courts was not to begin before noon.
Former U.S. Open champions Venus Williams and Maria Sharapova play their fourth-round matches, along with a number of men who have a wide-open road to their first final.
That half of the bracket, wide open because of injuries and upsets, will produce a first-time finalist in a Grand Slam tournament.
9 seed Williams plays Carla Suarez Navarro of Spain, after Sharapova meets 16th-seeded Anastasija Sevastova of Latvia.
- US Open: Denis Shapovalov v Pablo Carreño Busta and more – live!The Guardian
- Shapovalov continues to enjoy 'dream' US OpenJewish News
- ATP World TourATP World Tour
- Denis Shapovalov vs Pablo Carreno Busta: US Open 4th round preview and predictionRealSport101
- US Open 2017: Shapovalov to face Carreño Busta for first timeSporting News
- Israel-born tennis star shines at the US OpenThe Times of Israel
- The path is clear for Shapovalov to make it to the final at US OpenDaily Hive (registration)
- Shapovalov continues US Open run on TSNTSN
- LIVE Denis Shapovalov - Pablo Carreño US Open men - 4 September 2017Eurosport.com AU