Paying without cash, card or mobile devices is now a possibility.
A 3D webcam recognizes the customer’s facial features and links it to their online payment account.
The customer then has to confirm the payment by entering their phone number.
According to Chen Jidong, an expert in biometric identification technology at Alibaba, makeup and accessories such as wigs do not affect the accuracy of Smile to Pay’s performance.
- In KFC China store, diners have new way to payThe Zimbabwe Mail
- China fast-food operator pilots face-recognition paymentsBorneo Bulletin Online
- Alipay offers easier payment at 10000 stores in South AfricaThe Nation
- Smile to pay: KFC in China testing facial recognition technology for customers ...International Business Times, Singapore Edition
- Smile to pay for KFC meal in Chinese cityThe Straits Times
- KFC China Customers Can Pay with Their FacesFood & Wine
- KFC Has Made the World's First Store Where You Pay by FaceGrub Street
- KFC China store lets diners pay with a smileVentureBeat
- Add 'pay with a smile' to the list of KFC's bizarre tech ideasThe Daily Dot