The Nintendo Switch’s storage limitations may have caught up with it sooner than expected, as some upcoming games are already requiring micro SD cards to play.
This week, NBA 2K18 revealed its Nintendo Switch box art, which explicitly tells gamers that they will need a micro SD card in order to play the game.
While the first game to reveal such a notice is NBA 2K18 , the announcement was actually made by Nintendo to both make Switch owners aware and pitch some solutions.
The company is launching a new partnership with micro SD manufacturer SanDisk that will include branded cards featuring familiar Nintendo characters.
It’s true that the Switch is also a handheld, but when the console’s most coveted launch title takes up half of its hard drive space, there are going to be a lot of raised eyebrows.
- NBA 2K18 and Future Games Could Require SD Card on SwitchHeavy.com
- You'll Never Run Out Of Storage With This 400 GB SanDisk MicroSD Card, But It ...Gears Of Biz
- Nintendo and Western Digital partner up to launch licensed Nintendo Switch ...Neowin
- Nintendo Switch Expandable Storage — Quit Complaining About NothingNintendo Enthusiast (blog)
- SanDisk to make Nintendo Switch branded SDXC cardsTweakTown
- Nintendo Partners With Western Digital To Create Licensed Sandisk Memory CardsTechRaptor
- Some physical Switch games to require additional downloadNintendo Wire
- Nintendo Switch SanDisk Memory Cards UnveiledDeathRattleSports.com
- Mobile Device Breakthrough: World's Highest-Capacity MicroSD Card UnveiledSci-Tech Today