San Francisco: Apple Inc. has shaken up responsibility for a key product, Siri, in an effort to integrate the voice-activated assistant more deeply into the company’s devices in the face of competition from rivals including Amazon.com Inc.
Cue, who is in charge of products such as iTunes, Apple Music, Maps and iCloud, has taken on more responsibility with the addition of a video content creation team that may form the basis of a new streaming service for the iPhone maker.
Siri was built around technology originally developed by Silicon Valley research lab SRI International, and is becoming increasingly important as Apple removes the home button from its next top-of-the-line smartphone and unveils new devices.
As senior vice president for software engineering, Federighi is responsible for operating systems used to run Apple’s devices, such as macOS for laptops and iOS for iPhones and iPads.
Cue oversees a large area of responsibility, which is expanding as the Cupertino, California-based company commits $1 billion to making films and TV shows over the next 12 months.
READ MORE (Gears Of Biz)
- Apple Picks Craig Federighi As The New Head Of Siri As The Voice Assistant ...Gears Of Biz
- Apple's OS chief is taking over Siri from Eddy CueGears Of Biz
- Apple shifts responsibility for Siri to operating system chiefGeo News, Pakistan
- Siri Gains A New Master As Apple Cedes Ground To Amazon Alexa In Voice AIHot Hardware
- New Leadership For Apple's Siri Shows Bid To Update In Face Of RivalsThe Inquisitr
- Federighi Assignment Shows Apple Knows It Must Modernize Siri SooneWeek
- Siri's got a new bossUSA TODAY
- Hey Siri, you've got a new bossCNET
- Siri has a new bossBusiness Insider