The compact Mavic Pro Platinum is claimed to make 60 percent less noise than its predecessor, while a smaller sibling has also received some new shooting capabilities.
DJI’s Mavic Pro was released last year to plug what the company saw as a bit of hole in the marketplace, a compact-yet-capable camera drone that could be folded up for easy transport.
The updated Mavic Pro Platinum has been fitted out with new propellors and electronic speed controllers, which are claimed to make it 60 percent quieter and also boost flight time from 27 to 30 minutes.
This works with the Spark’s Panorama mode, which snaps a series of shots and stitches them together, in this case, into a spherical image with a fisheye lens effect.
Dubbed the Phantom 4 Obsidian, this sees the drone finished in a matte-gray color, while DJI says it has also upped the quality of the gimbal with a magnesium, anti-fingerprint coating.
READ MORE (Gears Of Biz)
- DJI released a new drone that addresses two of the biggest problems with dronesQuartz
- DJI Unveils Platinum Mavic, Obsidian Phantom, and a 'Sphere Mode'PetaPixel (blog)
- Drone maker DJI launches Mavic Pro Platinum, Phantom Pro 4 Obsidian along with ...Firstpost
- The new DJI Mavic Pro Platinum flies longer and quieterTechRadar
- DJI Phantom 4 Pro ObsidianPhotographyBLOG (blog)
- DJI reveals Mavic Pro Platinum, Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian, and a new feature for ...Neowin
- Features We'd Like Future Drones To HaveThe Digital Circuit (blog)
- DJI unveils Mavic Pro Platinum, 60% quieter and with 11% longer flight time ...imaging resource
- Why I Want A DroneThe Digital Circuit (blog)