A woman walks in front of the Time Warner Cable logo at its office in San Diego, California, U.S., November 2, 2016.
(Reuters) - More than four million records of users of Time Warner Cable's MyTWC app were found unsecured on an Amazon server last month, digital security research center Kromtech Security Center said in a blog post on Friday.
"A vendor has notified us that certain non-financial information of legacy Time Warner Cable customers who used the MyTWC app became potentially visible by external sources," Charter Communications Inc , Time Warner Cable's parent, said in an email.
The breach was eventually linked to BroadSoft Inc , a communications company, whose unit developed the MyTWC app.
(Reporting by Laharee Chatterjee and Arjun Panchadar in Bengaluru; Editing by Shounak Dasgupta and Sriraj Kalluvila)
READ MORE (Yahoo News UK)
- Details of 4 million Time Warner cable customers found unsecured on an Amazon ...Firstpost
- Time Warner Cable Customer Records Leaked in Data BreachHollywood Reporter
- Millions of Time Warner Cable Customer Records Exposed in Third-Party Data LeakGizmodo
- Around 4 million Time Warner Cable personal records exposed in data leakCNBC
- Time Warner Cable vendor leaks 4 million records containing customer dataNew York Daily News
- Charter Customer Data Left Sitting on an Open ServerDSL Reports
- Sales of new cars, trucks drop in US in AugustWashington Post
- Time Warner Cable Subscriber Data Exposed on Cloud ServerWall Street Journal (subscription)
- Database Error Leaks 4 Million Time Warner Cable Customer Records OnlineVariety