Following a limited edition release last year, PlayStation has announced in a blog post that translucent "Crystal" versions of its updated Dualshock 4 controllers will be releasing this October.
Translucency aside, these controllers are essentially identical to the current iteration of DualShocks; these are the latest modification to Sony's controllers which feature a redesigned touch pad on which a second light bar is located to provide players with in-game cues.
Sony's Crystal Dualshock.In addition to the classic Crystal version, Sony has also announced Red and Blue varieties, which are identically translucent but feature a splash of colour.
Sony's range of Crystal controllers launch Tuesday, October 17.
Matt Davidson is a freelance writer for IGN who is addicted to translucent tech.
- Sony's new 'Crystal' DualShock 4s are red, white and blueEngadget
- Sony's new PS4 controllers are a see-through 90s throwbackTechRadar
- Three New Translucent DualShock 4 Controllers Coming This MonthPlayStation LifeStyle
- Sony is Releasing a Clear Crystal DualShock 4 for the PlayStation 4USgamer
- PS4 Getting PS1-Inspired Translucent ControllersGameSpot
- Sony Announces 5 New Dualshock 4 ControllersPCMag
- PS4's new DualShock 4 controllers look excellentSlashGear
- New DualShock 4 controllers announcedDestructoid
- Sony introduces new Crystal DualShock 4 colour variantsiDigitalTrends