Warner Bros. would love to see Leonardo Dicaprio as the Joker in the studio’s planned origin tale, according to sources.
It makes sense that a Scorsese-led Joker would look to involve Dicaprio — they’ve teamed on “Gangs of New York,” “The Aviator,” best picture winner “The Departed,” “Shutter Island,” and “The Wolf of Wall Street.”
Edgar,” “Body of Lies,” “Revolutionary Road,” “Blood Diamond,” and “Inception,” he showed his capability as an evil villain in Quentin Tarantino’s “Django Unchained.”
It succeeded this summer with the impressive performance of “Wonder Woman” as the fourth installment in the studio’s DC Extended Universe, which launched with 2013’s “Man of Steel,” followed by last year’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” and “Suicide Squad.”
Its next entry will come on Nov. 17 with “Justice League,” which will feature Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, Ezra Miller as The Flash and Ray Fisher as The Cyborg with Zack Snyder directing.
- These Joker movie rumors can go to hell, Leonardo DiCaprio would NEVERMashable
- What Leonardo DiCaprio Looks Like as Scorsese's JokerMovieWeb
- Should We Take Those Leonardo DiCaprio as the Joker Rumors Seriously?Nerdist
- Does the World Really Need Two Jokers?Hollywood Reporter
- Leonardo DiCaprio as The Joker?: Don't hold your breathUSA TODAY
- Pump the Brakes on Those Leonardo DiCaprio-Joker RumorsObserver
- Not Happy About The Idea Of Another Joker In The DCEU? Neither Is Jared Letomoviepilot.com
- Report: Warner Bros. Might Try To Lure Leonardo DiCaprio To Its Joker Origin MovieGizmodo Australia
- Leonardo DiCaprio As The Joker? Sounds Unlikely, But It Could HappenGameSpot