Unlike the typical March – April timeline for the unveiling and market release of Samsung’s previous flagship devices, the upcoming premier phone is now rumored to be official a few weeks after the New Year.
A specific release date was not mentioned but the Korean news site The Investor shared that the Galaxy S9 could have its grand launch at the latter part of January.
This speculation for the feasible earlier release was based on shipment schedule for the Samsung Display’s OLED panel, which is said to commence in November this year.
Comparing it to the production time frame of the current flagship, the shipping of the Samsung Galaxy S8’s display panels began January 2017 and it was then launched to the public March this year.
The base model will have 64GB native storage, according to XDA Developers, which also shared that the Samsung Galaxy S9 will still have a QHD+ Infinity Display with 1440×2960p resolution and an 18.5:9 ratio.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 pre-booking starts in India; here is how to register the ...Financial Express
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and Note 8 latest rival has one massive Android advantageExpress.co.uk
- Waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8? Here's when you can get hold of the ...The Indian Express
- LG's V30 could hit the market with a launch price of $749.99Neowin
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 pre-registration begins; here's how you can bookZee News
- Samsung's Galaxy S9 could launch way earlier than we expectedTrustedReviews
- Samsung's flagship Galaxy Note 8 is up for pre-registrationThe Asian Age
- Samsung's Galaxy S9 Update Takes SHAPE: Specs & Release Date RumoursGears Of Biz
- Samsung begins pre-registrations for the Galaxy Note 8 in IndiaIndia Today