Top-ranked Alabama, getting started on its annual quest for a national title after having the last one snatched away with 1 second to go, faces Florida State on Saturday night in a season-opening throwdown.
One fact Saban can't quibble with is the enormity of Mercedes-Benz Stadium, a $1.5 billion facility with halo-like video board ringing the top of the massive structure.
The Crimson Tide came up short of its fifth national title under Saban, losing 35-31 to Clemson in a championship game that came down to a last-second touchdown pass; the Seminoles are looking to re-establish a bit of their swagger.
The walk-throughs also gave players a chance to adjust to the one-of-a-kind halo video board, which could come into their vision on deep passes, as well as fielding kickoffs and punts.
Saban shed little light on the status of Alabama defensive end Raekwon Davis, who suffered a minor injury when he was shot in the leg outside a Tuscaloosa bar last weekend.
- Amid hype, Florida State chases statement win over AlabamaOrlando Sentinel
- First and 10: No. 3 Florida State vs. No. 1 AlabamaSeminoles.com
- Alabama vs. Florida State: Prediction, preview, pick to win - SEC footballUPI.com
- Alabama-FSU tilt can have long-term impactsSanta Fe New Mexican
- Florida State, Alabama fans get ready for the big game at College Football ...Florida Times-Union
- College football Week 1 matchups, storylines: FSU is being disrespectedCBSSports.com
- Clark: Is this FSU vs. Alabama game a good idea?Tallahassee.com
- SEC Country team prediction: Alabama football opener against Florida StateSECcountry.com
- College football schedule, Week 1: What to watch, times, TV channels, viewing ...CBSSports.com