The highly complex deal, valued at about $62 billion as of earlier this summer, sets the stage for the new company to break into three parts as it originally announced.
DowDuPont said that within 18 months it plans to split up into an agricultural products manufacturer, a materials science company and a specialty components maker.
"While our collective heritage and strength are impressive, the true value of this Merger lies in the intended creation of three industry powerhouses that will define their markets and drive growth for the benefit of all stakeholders," Liveris said Friday in a statement.
Midland, Mich.-based Dow and Wilmington, Del.-based DuPont are expected to maintain their respective headquarters, but other facility cuts are possible.
The U.S. Department of Justice's Anti-Trust Division signed off on the deal in June after the companies agreed to sell certain assets, including DuPont crop protection products and Dow copolymers and ionomers.
- Dow, DuPont close merger; Midland waits for answersThe Detroit News
- Dow, DuPont complete planned merger to form DowDuPontYahoo Finance
- In Photos: Bhopal Gas Victims Penniless as Dow Bags Big MergerThe Quint
- Charity calls out on Dow Chemical merger in animated campaign 'DoNT bury Bhopal'The Drum
- Chemical giants Dow and DuPont complete $130bn mega-mergerCity A.M.
- DowDuPont 'historic' mega merger is completeMLive.com
- DuPont (DD), Dow Chemical (DOW) Merger Completed; New Company 'DowDuPont'StreetInsider.com
- Dow Chemical, DuPont complete merger to form DowDuPontSeeking Alpha
- Dow DuPont timelineMidland Daily News