For Patriots third quarterback Jacoby Brissett , that was last night, when he played wire-to-wire in the preseason finale.
It was a solid performance, as he completed 28-of-39 passes for 341 yards, with four touchdowns and an interception.
While he’s certainly shown promise, there are two established guys above him on the depth chart, so his focus was on the rare chance he gets to play.
“It’s like a little kid, just having fun, playing ,” Brissett said, via Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald .
It’s possible the 2016 third-rounder has done enough to make himself safe this weekend, but a strong performance in the last of the fake games can’t hurt.
- Does Geno Smith believe he's won Giants' backup QB job?NJ.com
- Geno Smith, backup QBs have big night in Giants' 40-38 win over PatriotsSyracuse.com
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott files lawsuit to vacate suspensionComcast SportsNet New England
- New York Giants 53-Man Roster Projection: Chris's VersionBig Blue View
- Giants may have found a kicker — and a backup QBNew York Post
- 5 takeaways from the Patriots' 40-38 loss to the GiantsBoston.com
- Patriots Journal: Injury to Jones hurts return gameThe Providence Journal
- Belichick on final cuts: Always hard, but it can't work out for everybodyComcast SportsNet New England
- Geno Smith in, veteran lineman out | Kratch's final Giants 53-man roster ...NJ.com