Sam JeremicThursday, 31 August 2017 11:57AMMini Electric ConceptMini is set to embrace alternative energy in a real way, with an electric vehicle concept debuting at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor show previewing a production model due to arrive in 2019.
Dubbed the Mini Electric Concept, the brand says it’s designed for use in urban areas and “offers a window into how pure-electric day-to-day mobility might look in the years ahead”.
Mini Electric ConceptDue to the electric drive not needing much cooling, the front radiator grille is closed for aerodynamic purposes, while the highly stylised wheel designs would be unlikely to appear in production form.
At the back, the rear light assemblies each form one half of the Union Jack as an LED dot matrix.
The rear apron features aerodynamic elements similar to those at the front, including air deflectors and a fibreglass diffuser.
- BMW Shows Off New Mini Electric Car ConceptElectronics360
- Mini Electric Concept goes to Frankfurt Motor ShowINAUTONEWS
- The Future of Driving Looks Awfully TinyWIRED
- This all-electric Mini is one step closer to realityHi-tech Beacon
- New BMW X3, M5 and 8 Series concept to be shown at Frankfurt Motor ShowCarWale
- New concept previews Mini electric car coming in 2019Gears Of Biz
- Green car concepts, production models at Frankfurt auto showGreen Car Reports
- BMW Stand at the Frankfurt Motor Show to Host Over Ten PremieresBMWBLOG (blog)
- Mercedes-AMG has something big planned for the 2017 Frankfurt Motor ShowDigital Trends