Prior to the Seahawks’ 2017 Preseason finale, defensive end Michael Bennett announced on Instagram an effort he will undertake to provide immediate help to those impacted by Hurricane Harvey, which has caused massive devastation and flooding to multiple areas in Texas, Bennett’s home state.
Through Bennett’s foundation, The Bennett Foundation , he will contribute $25,000 worth of food, water, and essential relief items to those in need to be delivered to flood victims currently housed in temporary, emergency shelters at Alief Taylor High School, Bennett’s alma mater.
The Seahawks will support Bennett’s effort with an additional $50,000, resulting in $75,000 worth of critical aid to come to the Houston-area shelter as soon as possible over the next few days.
To join Bennett in making a more urgent impact, 12s are encouraged to give $10 toward relief efforts by texting ‘HARVEY’ to 90999, or by visiting redcross.org .
The Seahawks have 14 players on their roster from Texas, with four hailing from areas directly impacted by Hurricane Harvey, including Bennett, offensive linemen Joey Hunt and Germain Ifedi , as well as free safety Earl Thomas .
- Wilson, Seahawks strongest in NFC WestNapa Valley Register
- Seattle Seahawks Vs. Oakland Raiders Live Stream: How To Watch The NFL ...Decider
- Seahawks at Raiders: Live updates as Seattle wraps up preseason in OaklandSeattle Times
- LIVE UPDATES: Seattle Seahawks at Oakland RaidersQ13 FOX
- Seattle Seahawks trying to sort out running backs as cutdown day loomsOregonLive.com
- 5 things to watch in Raiders preseason game against SeahawksFanRag Sports (blog)
- Raiders DE James Cowser's roster spot secure, new number en routeRaiders Wire
- Trevone Boykin has more at stake than anyone else in the Seahawks' preseason ...MyNorthwest.com
- Running recap: Seahawks vs Raiders in preseason finaleMyNorthwest.com