The team struck at the last possible second Thursday night, reportedly acquiring Justin Verlander from the Detroit Tigers .
A few minutes later, it was reported that wasn’t the case, and people started to speculate whether Houston had pulled the offer.
Houston will reportedly receive a hefty amount of cash to cover Verlander’s salary, according to our own Jeff Passan.
In exchange, the Tigers will receive pitcher Franklin Perez, outfielder Daz Cameron and catcher Jake Rogers.
While he’s regarded for his defensive tools, both his power and batting average have taken major steps forward this season.
- The Angels Give Mike Trout the Help He Needs by Acquiring Justin Upton From TigersYahoo Sports
- Tigers deal Justin Verlander to Astros in last-minute deadline stunnerUSA TODAY
- MLB trade news: Astros land Tigers ace Justin Verlander minutes before deadlineSporting News
- Even With Justin Upton and JD Martinez Gone, the Tigers Have Plenty of ...Sports Illustrated
- Stunner! Detroit Tigers trade Justin Verlander to Houston AstrosDetroit Free Press
- Angels acquire slugger Justin Upton from Tigers; Cameron Maybin moves to AstrosLos Angeles Times
- Texas Rangers on the scene for Shohei Otani's return to the mound in JapanDallas News (blog)
- Astros acquire ace pitcher Justin Verlander from Tigers, source saysESPN
- Astros acquire Justin Verlander from Tigers in blockbuster tradeChron.com