With Ohio State’s long-awaited season opener set for 8 p.m. Thursday, The Lantern breaks down what to expect between the Buckeyes and the Indiana Hoosiers.
A season ago, the Buckeye offense had no trouble putting up points against the former team of Ohio State co-offensive coordinator and tight ends coach Kevin Wilson, as it ran away early to a convincing 38-17 victory.
With Wilson coaching the offense, the team has gained knowledge of many of the top defensive players for Indiana.
He was there for a couple years, so I guess understanding the strengths and weaknesses and just trying to attack them, so it’s definitely valuable,” quarterback J.T.
The Hoosiers return several key contributors in the defensive backfield, including safeties Marcelino Ball, Jonathan Crawford and Tony Fields as well as cornerback Rashard Fant, who combined for 10 of the team’s 13 interceptions last season.
READ MORE (OSU - The Lantern)
- Football: Ohio State co-offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson prepares for game ...OSU - The Lantern
- Buckeyes Have Something To ProveSports On Earth
- Indiana can 'win' in more ways than one against Ohio StateNews Sentinel
- Wilson back at IU -- as the enemyThe Herald-Times (subscription)
- Indiana football will beat Ohio State: Buckeyes haunted by Clemson shutout, 4 ...cleveland.com
- Wilson downplays his return to IndianaQuad City Times
- Ohio State at Indiana: This opener could be bigger than bigMassillon Independent
- Hoosiers ready for bright lightsFort Wayne Journal Gazette
- IU stadium in spotlight tonightThe Herald-Times (subscription)