Right off the bat: The Buckeyes’ new offensive coordinator, Kevin Wilson, resigned as the head coach at Indiana in December amid allegations of player mistreatment, adding a layer of intrigue to this season-opening pairing.
That was a last-straw moment for Urban Meyer, who quickly jettisoned former coordinator Tim Beck in favor of Wilson, the former Oklahoma assistant with a reputation as one of college football’s top offensive minds.
The Offense will be under the spotlight, potentially overshadowing the factors — both known and unknown — that could either lift this program to its second national championship under Meyer or lead OSU to cede the Big Ten Conference East Division to one of Penn State or rival Michigan.
The biggest change to OSU’s attack is in pace and tempo, two factors — along with elite quarterback play and a varied list of skill talent — that defined Wilson’s scheme during his impressive stint with Oklahoma.
A year ago, OSU was simply too reliant on all-purpose standout Curtis Samuel; that wasn’t evident against most teams but painfully clear when facing off against the elite opponents on its schedule.
- How the Buckeyes' offense plans to get its groove backESPN
- Indiana football's here now, if even just for a momentThe Crimson Quarry
- Indiana football steps into the spotlight, and Tom Allen thinks you'll like ...SB Nation
- Why Kevin Wilson's Ohio State offense could be amazingSB Nation
- Ohio State at Indiana | This opener could be bigger than bigThe Columbus Dispatch
- 5 best NFL Draft-eligible players to watch in Ohio State-IndianaFanRag Sports (blog)
- Ohio State's Season of LeBron, final thoughts on JT Barrett: Buckeye football ...cleveland.com
- What To Expect From Kevin Wilson's Offense, The Wide Receivers And Ohio State ...Eleven Warriors
- Ohio State-Indiana, Week 1: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online (08/31/17)Landof10.com