Part of the story here is gasoline, with prices up 11% on reports that Exxon's massive Beaumont refinery could be down for two weeks.
With Labor Day also coming Monday, demand is also high and as a result, Gas Prices are at a two-year high.
Other Refineries are also shutdown while some are coming back online.
The US is also releasing 500,000 barrels from the SPR, which is bearish but prices are telling a different story.
On the month, WTI is set to fall nearly 7% but prices are up almost 3% today.
- Houston Loves Big Business. How Much Should Big Business Now Love It Back?New York Times
- Why You Will See Gas Prices Increase in the Coming DaysOzarksFirst.com
- Harvey Releases 2 Million Pounds of Pollutants From Refineries, PlantsNBCNews.com
- Hurricane Harvey damages petrochemical refineries, releasing thousands of ...PBS NewsHour
- Chemical Spills In Houston Caused By Hurricane Harvey — How Many Have There ...CleanTechnica
- Motiva, Exxon Mobil, Valero, Total cease operationsBeaumont Enterprise
- Shell, Exxon say some pollution released as storm hits TexasKXAN.com
- Hurricane Harvey damaged ExxonMobil refineries, causing hazardous pollutants ...Gears Of Biz
- Harvey Released 2 Million Pounds of Pollutants From Refineries, PlantsDaily Beast