During 2016, the credit, debit, and prepaid card transactions for goods and services worldwide reached $257.17 billion for Visa, UnionPay, MasterCard, JCB, Diners/Discover, and American Express.
The company has recently raised $100 million in Series D funding, primarily led by IVP, which helped it enter the “unicorn” club in the venture capital industry.
TenX, a Singapore-based company, is integrating Bitcoin, Ethereum (including ERC20) and Dash for payments across Visa as well as MasterCard network, and offers incentives on every purchase which are paid to users in its own tokens—PAY.
While there are issues to be resolved around cryptocurrencies, such as volatility in price, regulatory treatment, and so on, the direct usability of these blockchain assets is a critical barrier holding back their wider adoption.
- Bitcoin spikes to a record high above $4700Business Insider
- Hedge funds are cashing in on bitcoin mania — there are now 50 dedicated to ...Yahoo Finance
- Bitcoin Price Sets New All-Time High as Crypto Market Tops $170 BillionCoinDesk
- Bitcoin news: Bitcoin Foundation readies legal team for US regulation battleIT PRO
- All top Cryptocurrencies are in the Green as Market Cap Grows to $170bnThe Merkle
- Cryptocurrencies: A Fad or the Future?The Motley Fool Canada
- Cryptocurrency: Why you should be wary before investingUConn Daily Campus
- How to Calculate Bitcoin's Next Price MoveInvestopedia
- Cryptocurrencies Are Barbarians At Central Bank GatesFinancial Advisor Magazine (registration)