Joe Haden brings down Odell Beckham Jr. and figures to find a home with a new team soon.
A day after a report Tuesday that the Cleveland Browns were aggressively trying to trade cornerback Joe Haden, the team announced Wednesday morning that it had cut him, a “wow” move that has general managers around the league taking notice.
“We want to thank Joe for all he has done for this organization both on and off the field,” Sashi Brown, the team’s executive vice president of football operations, said in a statement .
So why is Haden, a two-time Pro Bowl selection who was a first-round draft pick (seventh overall) in 2010, suddenly unemployed, then?
The NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo reports that Haden had collected about half of the five-year, $68 million extension he signed in 2014.
- Browns cut two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Joe HadenYahoo Sports
- Browns release Joe HadenYahoo Sports
- Joe Haden released by Cleveland Browns: 'He'll always be a Brown' says team execcleveland.com
- Should the Miami Dolphins pursue cornerback Joe Haden?Sun Sentinel
- Reports: Cowboys interested in just-released CB Joe Haden, but price is a concernDallas News (blog)
- Gators in the NFL: Browns looking to part ways with HadenGatorsports.com
- Former Pro Bowl CB Joe Haden released by BrownsESPN
- Cleveland Browns release veteran corner Joe HadenNFL.com
- Cleveland Browns obviously worried about Joe Haden's decline -- Terry Pluto ...cleveland.com