Three-time U.S. Open champion Kim Clijsters has first-hand experience of having a baby and then returning to the court to continue playing at an elite level.
The Spaniard’s won the U.S. Open trophy on two occasions, in 2010 and 2013, and holds a 47-10 winning record at the Billie Jean King USTA National Tennis Center.
Only Nadal and the retired Andre Agassi have won at all four of the slams and also own an Olympic gold medal in singles.
What could trip Nadal up here is that while he’s had success on hardcourts, he hasn’t won a title on the surface since capturing the 2014 Doha tournament, which always is played the first week of the new year.
- Nadal takes first step towards Federer US Open showdownReuters
- US Open 2017: Rafael Nadal beats Dusan Lajovic to reach second roundBBC Sport
- Nadal shows rust early on, but cruises into high gear to beat LajovicTennis Magazine
- Rafa Rolls Under The Roof On AsheATP World Tour
- Day 2 at the US Open: Karolina Pliskova wins easily on rainy dayTennis Magazine
- LOOK: Rafael Nadal rocks neon pink shirt at US Open and Twitter swoonsCBSSports.com
- Rafael Nadal handles Dusan Lajovic easily at US Open despite complaints of ...ESPN
- Mission impossible? Nadal wants New Yorkers to be quietABS-CBN News
- Andy Murray will not be at Flushing MeadowsAppsforPCdaily