GREEN BAY — Aaron Rodgers saw the question coming, like a blitzing linebacker who’d tipped his hand too early before the snap.
Whatever Rodgers may think of where he stands on the NFL salary scoreboard — in the wake of the news of Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford’s five-year, $135 million extension Monday night — he insists he’s not worried about it and that it’ll all be taken care of in due time.
Packers coach Mike McCarthy announced Tuesday morning that ex-University of Wisconsin outside linebacker Vince Biegel had not been activated from the physically unable to perform list and would not practice —meaning he is highly unlikely to play in Thursday night’s preseason finale against the Los Angeles Rams.
That means the Packers have two options with the rookie: They can put him on the in-season PUP list, meaning he’ll miss the first six games, or they can decide to put him on the 53-man roster during the final roster reduction on Saturday and try to get a player ready to contribute who not only won’t have played in a preseason game, but has never practiced with the full team or in pads.
If he were to be placed on our roster – however that decision goes down – he could come right in and fit right in.” ... Outside linebacker Clay Matthews, who left Saturday night’s game at Denver with an undisclosed injury, did not practice because of “groin tightness.” It was said to be a precautionary measure.
- NFL 2017: Rodgers, Packers rule anew the NFC NorthWashington Post
- Aaron Rodgers on ideal timeframe for new Packers contract: 'I know how this ...Sporting News
- Packers' QB Aaron Rodgers offers his reaction to Matthew Stafford's new contractAll 22
- Aaron Rodgers Shows Up to Packers Camp with Thick MustacheBleacher Report
- Packers' McCarthy discusses OLB injuries as Ted Thompson avoids Ahmad Brooks ...Acme Packing Company
- Rodgers falling down the contract ladder with new Stafford dealWBAY
- You don't know until you knowPackers.com
- NFC North 2017 Previews: The numbers are coming for the Detroit LionsAcme Packing Company
- Packers looking for depth behind Matthews, Perry at OLBThe San Luis Obispo Tribune