The team is accepting donations through Cleveland Indians Charities until Sept. 10 with all the money going to nonprofit organizations in Southeast Texas, which has been devastated by the storm and flooding.
Bruce, who recently joined the Indians after being acquired in a trade from the New York Mets, is from Beaumont, Texas.
The massive storm, which initially made landfall as a Category 4 hurricane, has dumped more than 50 inches of rain in some areas around Houston, paralyzing the nation's fourth-largest city.
The storm is moving slowly to the northeast and is now pelting Louisiana with heavy rain.
More than 17,000 people have sought refuge in Texas shelters, the American Red Cross said.
- Cleveland Indians, Jay Bruce team up to support Hurricane Harvey-relief effortscleveland.com
- Cleveland Indians' Jay Bruce raising money for SETX flood victimsBeaumont Enterprise
- Baseball star, Beaumont native Jay Bruce to donate up to $100000 to storm reliefKFDM-TV News
- Tribe's Jay Bruce to match up to $100K in Indians Charities donations to ...fox8.com
- Cleveland Indians OF Jay Bruce to match donations up to $100K for Harvey reliefWKYC-TV
- Cleveland Indians Assist in Hurricane Harvey Relief EffortsNews 5 Cleveland