A video (above) shows the storm striking Corpus Christi and Houston hard, with howling winds at speeds of up to 130 mph, the pelting rain forcing the fourth largest city in the country to come to a standstill.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has released video footage (below) that shows the weather conditions in the air as the storm passed over the Gulf of Mexico on August 24.
The difficulty of the track coupled with its lush surroundings caused three-time Formula One World Champion Sir Jackie Stewart to nickname it ‘The Green Hell’.
This beast of a car with its exclusive AMG Green Hell Magno paintwork, was developed on the Nürburgring and now brings its superior motorsport technology to Indian roads.
- Harvey flooding causes airport closures; fight cancellations to continue for daysCBS News
- How Harvey is affecting Tampa International and moreTampa Bay Business Journal
- Harvey shuts down United flights, operations in HoustonChicago Tribune
- Will Harvey affect your flight plans?USA TODAY
- Southwest announces new flight from Indianapolis to Austin, TexasWTTV CBS4Indy
- Spirit Airlines brings stranded fliers from Houston to Metro AirportWXYZ
- Harvey blocks major air travel artery through HoustonKTVZ
- Hurricane Harvey airport photo is a big, fat lieNEWS.com.au
- Houston airports remain closed until further notice, most stranded passengers ...Houston Business Journal