Seattle’s Juno Therapeutics , a biotech company developing cutting edge CAR T immunotherapies for cancer, faces a narrow field of competitors.
Few other companies in the U.S. are working on CAR T therapies, and on Monday one of them, Kite Pharma , reached an agreement to be acquired by Gilead Sciences for a staggering $11.9 billion .
That’s the highest its stock has risen since the company announced a hold on its most advanced clinical trial in June of last year.
But other patients don’t respond to the therapy at all and in some rare cases, like in the Juno trial, the treatments can have fatal side effects.
Research is being done into how CAR T therapies could be used effectively to treat solid tumors, but that science is still years from making it to market.
- Juno Therapeutics Stock Climbs, Wedbush Sees Advantages from Gilead, Kite DealTheStreet.com
- Time To Buy Juno Therapeutics (NASDAQ:JUNO)? BTIG Upgrades Shares TodayBZ Weekly
- 12 Biggest Mid-Day Gainers For TuesdayBenzinga
- Juno Therapeutics Adds To Monday's Gain After Wedbush UpgradeBenzinga
- Buying continues in Juno Therapeutics, shares up 16%Seeking Alpha
- Benzinga's Top Upgrades, Downgrades For August 29, 2017Benzinga
- UPDATE: Wedbush Upgrades Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) to Outperform, Negatively ...StreetInsider.com
- Juno Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:JUNO) Jumps 17.64% Pre-MarketAppsforPCdaily
- Juno Therapeutics Inc (JUNO) is Upgraded by Raymond James to ” Outperform”Highland Mirror