The company’s lead candidate is tivozanib, which is to treat renal cell carcinoma (RCC), a common type of Kidney Cancer.
The initial symptoms of RCC often include blood in the urine, flank pain, fever, hypertension, night sweats, etc.
With regard to tivozanib, the company understands that a competitor has broadly claimed the use of an organic compound that inhibits tyrosine phosphorylation of a VEGF receptor.
Aveo has received written notice from patents owners regarding claims related to the use of a tyrosine kinase inhibitor in combination with a DNA damaging agent such as chemotherapy or radiation.
If AVEO is unsuccessful in completing the clinical development or obtaining marketing approval to commercialize tivozanib, then it is expected there will be unfavorable reactions to the stock price.
- Aveo On TargetSeeking Alpha
- EUSA bags EU approval for kidney cancer drugPharmaTimes
- Stock Buzz: Aveo Pharmaceuticals (AVEO)Post Registrar
- Momentum Stock: Delcath Systems Inc (DCTH)Post Registrar
- AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AVEO): From Top to BottomStockNewsJournal
- AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AVEO) Shares Gap Up Following Analyst UpgradeStockNewsTimes
- AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AVEO) closed at $3.84 in the last trading sessionTopChronicle
- Active Mover: AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AVEO)TRA
- Trending Stock Buzzer: Mannkind Corporation (MNKD)Post Registrar