TORONTO — The latest issue of USA Today sat folded on a table in the middle of the Red Sox clubhouse yesterday.
The front-page headline read, “Catastrophe,” in all capital letters, directly beneath an unrecognizable picture of Chris Young’s hometown.
Young grew up in the southwest corner of the greater Houston area, in a town called Bellaire, and all of his immediate family remains in the Texas city that’s currently underwater from Hurricane Harvey.
Images of Houston’s flooded highways and neighborhoods have become staples of the national news in recent days, and Young said he’s followed along with regular conversations — hourly, he said — with loved ones who are dealing with the devastation in real time.
And the fact they’re staying put, safe as could be under the circumstances, leaves Young free to focus on his task at hand.
- Chris Young, Lady Antebellum Raise Money for Hurricane Harvey ReliefRollingStone.com
- Chris Young announces $100K donation for Hurricane Harvey reliefCBS News
- Country Singer Chris Young Launches Hurricane Harvey Relief Campaign on GoFundMeCrowdfund Insider
- Chris Young monitoring family's safety in HoustonWEEI.com (blog)
- Country Star Chris Young Donates $100000 to Hurricane Harvey Disaster ReliefUs Weekly
- Country Artists Support Harvey Storm VictimsCMT.com
- Chris Young Donates $100000 to People Affected by Hurricane Harvey; Other ...Billboard
- Chris Young gives $100000 to help with the aftermath of Hurricane HarveyWWGP 1050 AM
- Chris Young Donates To Hurricane Harvey VictimsLook To The Stars