Ambivalence towards Rabbid-style toilet humor might cause you to question this dubious marriage, but there's an admirable and wholehearted commitment in Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle that triumphs in creating a magical game world that is undeniably delightful, and within it, houses a deep, challenging turn-based tactical combat system.
But there's so much charm packed into every cartoony crevice of Mario + Rabbids--everything from the vibrant world, the incredibly expressive enemy animations, right down to the chuckle-worthy text descriptions of every item--that it's hard not to find something that makes you smile.
On top of that, you'll have to keep in mind the long cooldowns on secondary weapons and special abilities, as well as your party's health status, which persists within a chapter--a close victory might mean using the same team members in the next fight puts you at a disadvantage.
There's a larger variety of chance when it comes to inflicting status effects, but at no point will you throw your hands up in frustration because Princess Peach missed a 90% probability shotgun blast to a Rabbid's stupid face.
Mildly challenging environmental puzzles occasionally gate the way forward, but never halt the pace of events, and mainstays of Mario platforming games, such as red rings and coin rooms, provide the odd distraction every once in awhile.
- Review: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Is a Gonzo Strategy MasterpieceTIME
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle review — tactics fun for everyoneVentureBeat
- Taking on Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle's First Challenge StageIGN
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom BattleIGN
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Review — A Quirky Crossover With Excellent ...DualShockers
- 5 Reasons Mario + Rabbids Is a Must-Have for Switch OwnersTom's Guide
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is way more fun than it has any right to beTNW
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle Review: This Combo Was The Right StrategyUSgamer
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is the Best Bootleg Mario GameGeek