Over the weekend, ESPN analyst Desmond Howard picked Wisconsin -- alongside Alabama, Miami and Stanford -- to make the College Football Playoff.
"This group is going to play Penn State in the Big Ten Championship Game," Howard said on the "College GameDay" season preview show, according to Land of 10 .
And while Stevens is high on the Badgers' ability to replace Clement and for the defense to withstand the loss of linebacker Jack Cichy, he sees three schools as the likely kings of the Big Ten this season.
"All three are marshaling their advantages now, and while there is always the potential for a spoiler (Wisconsin is easily the top candidate in 2017), this year's Big Ten drama will probably revolve around the programs run by James Franklin, Jim Harbaugh and Urban Meyer," Stevens writes.
- Alabama vs. Florida State will be decided by the passing game. Who's that favor?SB Nation
- 16 biggest questions heading into 2017 college football seasonSportsnaut
- Alabama vs. FSU: 5 x-factors for the Seminoles to beat Crimson TideFanSided
- UA students camp out for tickets to Alabama vs. Florida State gameWIAT 42
- Alabama still trying to flip elite Ohio State QB commit Emory JonesSECcountry.com
- College football conference power rankings: Week 1FanSided
- Alabama football: Raekwon Davis injured by bullet; Crimson Tide beat Florida StateSECcountry.com
- More Than The Playoff Matters In CFBSports On Earth
- College Football Picks Week 1: Predictions and Odds for Top 25 ScheduleBleacher Report