Orlando is reportedly one of the several options officials are looking at as a possible location to host this weekend’s game against BYU- LSU in the wake of Hurricane Harvey ’s impact on the state of Texas.
Officials from ESPN , which owns the rights to the AdvoCare Texas Kickoff game, have been working during the past 48 hours to come up with a solution.
The game was scheduled to take place at NRG Stadium in Houston Saturday at 9:30 p.m., but the city is still dealing with massive flooding after Category 4 Hurricane Harvey made landfall Friday.
Ironically, LSU last played here in Orlando as part of the Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl on Jan. 1, 2017.
Orlando’s Camping World Stadium has previously served as a relief option when originally scheduled venues are unavailable, hosting the 2016 ACC Championship Game when the league announced it could not host neutral-site events in North Carolina due to a discriminatory law targeting the LGBTQ community that was passed by the state legislature.
- Nashville, Orlando join New Orleans as potential sites for LSU-BYU relocationThe Advocate
- Hurricane Harvey 'almost certainly' moving LSU-BYU from Houston, but where to?SB Nation
- Hurricane Harvey aftermath could move BYU-LSU game, report saysYahoo Sports
- LSU football countdown Day 5: Tigers stamped their returns 'TD' vs. North TexasNOLA.com
- Bayou Bengal Briefing: What are LSU's options if it can't play in Houston on ...SECcountry.com
- LSU Tigers podcast: Joe Alleva should not be bashed for LSU-BYU relocationSECcountry.com
- New Orleans offered as possible site for LSU-BYU game expected to move from ...USA TODAY
- Several cities reportedly in consideration to host LSU-BYU season openerSaturday Down South
- LSU 'almost certain' BYU game won't be played in flooded Houston; Superdome ...The Advocate